What is hosted PBX?
PBX stands for private branch exchange. It refers to a cloud-based telephone service controlled by a single service provider. This infrastructure contains both PBX features and an integrated calling platform. Most VoIP providers facilitate hosted PBX, cloud PBX, and ancillary services. The benefits of these technologies are multidimensional because they are cloud-based solutions accessible from anywhere. Having virtual storage incorporated with VoIP services offersa range of technologies. These can be tailored to the complex needs of individuals and organizations. Such a variety is particularly useful for services that may serve a large number of clients. While maintaining a high level of security, energy efficiency, redundancy and reliability, PBX services provide reliable infrastructure around the clock.
Hosted PBX enables a VoIP provider to perform consistent and on-going communication tasks while maintaining a high level of quality akin to a fortune 500 company’s phone system. That is why hosted PBX VoIP providers have servers that interlink you to cell phones, land lines, and other VOIP services. Hosted PBX VoIP providers are often compared to standard phone line service providers because they offer significantly similar solutions. PBX has more features and is better in other areas as well. Many amenities provided are not accessible with the basic phone line.
How does hosted PBX solutions work?
Hosted PBX works in the same way as a premise PBX solution. However, with hosted PBX all the nitty gritty work is done behind the scenes by the provider’s data center. The entire phone system is managed, controlled and maintained by the provider who has various management centers to ensure that you don’t miss your calls. With this setup, one center going down won’t cause the entire network to face difficulty. An incoming call would simply be redirected to another center in order to ensure service remains uninterrupted. With PBX technology, the service providers have a dedicated team of engineers and IT professionals working tirelessly to ensure that the system is working well and efficiently. They also make sure that your system is highly functioning by providing significant call quality, efficiency, and security.Service subscribers don’t have to worry about hardware installations nor configurations. All they need to do is log into an online account management platformto ensure your desk phones at the office are working efficiently.
Why use a hosted PBX?
Hosted PBX services replace the need for onsite telecommunication infrastructure and hardware. Another key benefit of hosted PBX services is that all the heavy lifting; set up, hardware, installation, security, and maintenance are completed by service providers.
Including PBX in your setup means not spending extra costs on IT, infrastructure, and personnelwhen operating your system. Moreover, PBX removes limitations due to space, infrastructure or wiring. The number of free phone jacks available won’t affect the possibility of getting more phone lines with PBX. Service operations can easily add new lines using the online portal. Hosted PBX also gives you mobility and flexibility that is unparalleled in interrelated systems.
Hosted PBX enables users to make calls through desk phones, desktop softphones, and mobile phone applications. As a result, you can make calls from anywhere even if you are far away from your office, as long as you have an internet connection.If something goes awry with your new PBX system, it won’t be up to your tech support team to fix the situation. Service providers will be on the case even before you are aware that something has gone wrong.
What to look for in a Hosted PBX provider
Choosing service providers to host, manage and maintain your phone system is a critical step. You have to decide carefully in order to succeed. Here are some features to look for in an ideal provider when setting up your PBX services:
- Features: Checkthe service provider’s website to see the breakdown of features in order to find the one that suits your needs.
- Network reliability: Ensure your provider has a vibrant network and guarantees high quality services. Upon setting up initial services, constantly checkon whether the network goes down. A good provider must have multiple servers in various locations to ensure quality network performance at all times.
- Customer service: Look for a provider that reacts quickly to meet your needs. A good provider should be accessible and consistent in their customer service. They should provide various ways to get in touch such as phone calls, web chat and emails.
- Flexibility: A good provider should be flexible with changing times to meet customers’ demands without additionalrequirements.
- Hidden costs: Find a provider that has very clear and transparent costs.
Advantages of hosted PBX solution
Hosted PBX solutions offer key advantages to comparable technologies in the market. These are some of the most compelling reasons to consider PBX service providers:
- Ease of use and set up: All the technical aspects of setup and maintenance are taken care of. This includes installation and configuration as well as on-going support. Even if you want to add or change lines, everything is completed through an online portal.
- Cost saving: From initial set up to maintenance and upgrades, PBX has eliminated most extra and hidden costs so that your phone system staysaffordable.
- Local presence: Subscribers have access to an unlimited number of local access phone numbers.
- Flexibility: With soft phone applications and mobile phone applications, your staff can access the system even when they are away from the office.
- Scalability: With the flip of a switch you can either scale your infrastructure up or down because the system is not limited by hardware.
Overall, choosing a hosted PBX provider is easy, flexible and helps cut costs across the board. A hosted PBX provider is the safest bet to ensure your business maintains high qualityand efficient telecommunications.